Earth, Wind & Tyre 2023 – we’re cycling 100 miles in June!
This June, every member of the ChargeWorks team, alongside most of our offspring, will be cycling 100 miles each to raise money for Renewable World. Since we love renewables and sustainable transport, the Earth Wind and Tyre challenge is perfect for us!
One of our team will become the youngest-ever participant in this event at the age of just 6! Those little legs will have to be working seriously hard, but he is up for the challenge. I think it is fair to say that some of his enthusiasm comes from the knowledge that he will be knocking his sister off the youngest-ever record-holder spot. She did it when she was 8 a couple of years ago.
Between us all, we will be cycling over 800 miles, and we really need your support. Before we invite you to sponsor us on our journey let me tell you about the great work of Renewable World.
Since 2008, they have reached over 109,000 people with renewable energy technologies and services. They are empowering communities in Nepal and Kenya towards a more sustainable and brighter tomorrow. But they are not done yet.
You can read more about the impact they are having here but in summary their work has led to…
- Families in Kenya increasing their annual income by nearly 20% from new business and farming opportunities brought about by reliable access to electricity.
- Households connected to Kenyan microgrids are saving more than 50% on monthly energy expenses when comparing their new solar consumption bills to equal amounts of kerosene and petrol usage.
- Women and girls in Nepal are saving an average of 3.2 hours per day previously spent collecting water.
- Water lifted to hillside remote villages in Nepal has brought a 70% increase to annual household incomes from new farming opportunities and more time to spend on jobs.
- More than half of the households impacted in Kenya and Nepal have experienced fewer illnesses and injuries thanks to electricity in the home and convenient access to water.
With your help, they can continue this vitally important work to transform the lives of the world’s poorest people and tackle climate change.
If you would like to find out more about the impact that your donations will have, visit their website.
Thank you for reading and if you can, please support us. If you can’t help right now then please share this post far and wide.
Right, time to get cycling!